September is here and with NaNoWriMo and Lucent Dreaming issue 3 on the horizon, we have a challenge for the story story writers. We want to read your best, preferably fictional, untold stories. We’re looking for stories about secrets, stories hidden from ordinary view, stories from marginalised people and places. Our contest is free to enter and you could win an Amazon gift card, limited edition Lucent Dreaming merch and publication on our website. Your entry must be inspired by the prompt ‘untold stories’.
Download the Lucent Dreaming Contest PDF or scroll down for full details/rules/terms and conditions
You are invited to Lucent Dreaming’s autumn short story contest. It’s free to enter and you could win coveted Lucent Dreaming merch, publication & an Amazon giftcard!
PROMPT: UNTOLD STORIES
- Your story must be between 2000 and 3000 words and be inspired by our prompt.
- Your entry must be previously unpublished.
- You cannot submit a story you have currently submitted elsewhere. (No simultaneous submissions.)
- You must be 18+ to enter.
- Your story must be written by you!
- You must submit your entry via our entry form as a document file. (Our entry form is linked below.)
- You can submit ONE entry per round and you cannot resubmit or edit your entry after it has been submitted.
- This contest is open from September 17th to October 21st 2018 at 11:59GMT.
- Any entries that don’t follow these rules will be automatically disqualified.
HOW TO ENTER
Go to Tinyurl.com/LucentContest and fill out our submissions form. You must have a Gmail account to enter!*
Your story will be judged on its premise; the quality of writing; whether we feel for your character and your story’s overall coherence. We will announce the winners of the contest three weeks after the contest ends.
PRIZES (Awarded if we receive 10 or more qualifying submissions)
£25 or $30 Amazon giftcard, your story published on our website or in our magazine, limited edition LD merch!
£10 or $15 Amazon giftcard, your story published on our website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*If you can’t submit through our Google form, attach your .doc or .docx file with your word count, pen name and submission title to
email@example.com with the subject LD Contest by the deadline. 1. Our prizes are only awarded if we have 10 or more qualifying submissions. 2. We’ll disqualify stories that don’t follow our rules, are offensive or otherwise inappropriate. 3. We can’t accept stories not written in English. 4. By submitting to the contest you agree that if you win, you allow us to publish your story on our website and/or magazine. 5. We’ll use your email address to contact you regarding your contest entry. 6. We may contact you about publishing your entry in our upcoming issue.